Childcare is available on Sundays except for those that fall on a “3-day weekend.” Call the office for more information and get on our mailing list for updates.
Nursery (infants through three year-olds) is in the Washburn Room on the first floor of the Parish House, available 9:15-12 noon.
KidZone Church School is under the leadership of Kathryn Barr and Linda Griggs. Please contact either one of them for more information or to be added to the KidZone email list.
Church School for Pre-Kindergarten through 6th Grade is found on the Third Floor of the Parish Hall and meets 9:45-10:45am. Children will learn the story of our faith through a wide variety of fun activities. Sixth graders are invited to be helpers with the younger kids, and then join the Youth group after church.
Each KidZone lesson is based on the Lectionary readings of the day. Activities include the following:
- An Affirmation such as “I am loved by God” or “I am kind to others.”
- A reading from the day’s Lectionary texts.
- Prayer requests and prayers.
- Songs such as “When the Saints Go Marching In” and “This Little Light of Mine”
- Movement such as dance, sign language, yoga moves, movements that coordinate with breath
- Open ended activities such as Legos, blocks, or Play Doh
- Crafts coordinated with the lesson of the day
Is God calling you to teach Church School or be a Youth Group leader? If so, please contact Linda Griggs 401.751.2141 x206.
St. Martin's Episcopal Church
50 Orchard Ave Providence, RI 02906